Ian’s continued passion for the arts is evidenced by his involvement with various nonprofit organizations dedicated to the artistic enrichment of our community. Most recently, Ian served as a founding member of the Board of Directors for 1888, an organization dedicated to preserving and promoting our region’s literary cultural heritage by delivering educational programs to local and international communities.
Illustrative Litigation Experience
- Represented an internationally known artist and illustrator in various copyright and trademark infringement suits.
- Fought to enforce musicians’ rights in the collection of royalties wrongfully withheld by publishing companies and record labels.
- Represented major Hollywood photography agencies in numerous disputes against popular gossip websites.
- Represented a prominent politician in a dispute against Don Henley of the Eagles.
- Represented a technology company in the protection of its intellectual property against a Fortune 500 video game conglomerate.
- Director of Law and Finance Programs at UC Irvine’s Division of Continuing Education
- Instructor of “International Intellectual Property Law” and “International Contracts Law” courses at UC Irvine’s Division of Continuing Education
- Founding member of the Board of Directors at 1888, a nonprofit organization
- Chapman University School of Law, J. D.
- University of Southern California, B.M.
- Admitted to Bar: California.
- Admitted to Practice: All California state courts, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.