Robert D. Hunt
Robert Hunt is a Partner at One LLP and has been recognized as a Southern California “Rising Star” bySuper Lawyers Magazine and Los Angeles Magazine for the past three years. Robert has represented clients in state and federal trial and appellate courts in several areas, including complex commercial litigation, intellectual property litigation, class actions, mass torts, securities litigation, Antitrust, and employment litigation. Before joining One LLP, Robert was a Counsel at O’Melveny & Myers LLP in Los Angeles.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Defended a health insurance company in 41 individual actions brought by hospitals asserting breach-of-contract claims in federal court.
- Defended a major package pickup and delivery company in more than 50 employment-related class and individual actions in federal and state courts.
- Represented the creators of multi-billion dollar video game franchises in dispute over nonpayment of nine-figure bonuses and unauthorized development of sequels and other games in state court.
- Represented a technology start-up company and several of its founders in a complex case involving numerous breach of contract, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty claims in state court.
- Represented a patent holder in a fraud action in federal court.
- Represented a renowned fashion and celebrity photographer in copyright infringement lawsuits against several entertainment websites and their parent companies in federal court
- Defended a major semiconductor manufacturer in a $12 billion antitrust case in state court.
- Defended a financial services firm in a securities case involving federal statutory claims and common law fraud claims in federal court.
- Represented a global automobile manufacturer in an interlocutory appeal from an adverse class certification decision regarding product defect claims in federal court.
- Defended a major pharmaceutical company in a product liability trial in state court.
- Defended a technology designer and manufacturer in shareholder and derivative class actions in federal court.
- Represented an airline in avoiding enforcement of a class action settlement in a state court bench trial.
- Defended a vessel owner as appellate counsel in an asbestos trial under federal maritime law in state court.
Education and Background
O’Melveny & Myers LLP: Associate (2006-2011); Counsel (2012-2014)
Judicial Extern: the Honorable Michael W. McConnell, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
Judicial Extern: the Honorable Paul G. Cassell, U.S. District Court, District of Utah
Stanford University, J.D.: with Distinction; Executive Editor, Stanford Law Review; Sources and Citations Managing Editor, Stanford Law & Policy Review; Editor, Stanford Journal of Law, Business & Finance; Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society Award of Excellence
Brigham Young University, B.S., Psychology: summa cum laude; Psychology Department Valedictorian; Golden Key International Honor Society Scholarship for Top Senior; Mark Allen Award for Outstanding Graduating Senior
Admitted to Practice
All California State Courts; U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit; U.S. District Court, Central District of California; U.S. District Court, Southern District of California; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Preserving Electronic Information: A Practical Approach, in BNA BOOKS (2009) (Jeffrey Fowler & William Dance (with assistance from Robert D. Hunt))
- A Defense of the Learned Intermediary Doctrine, 63 FOOD & DRUG L.J. 421 (2008) (Richard B. Goetz & Karen R. Growdon (with assistance from Robert D. Hunt)).