- About Us
- One LLP News
- Practice Areas
- Work Product
Ian H. Gibson / Associate
Ian H. Gibson primarily handles matters in the areas of copyright, trademark, and entertainment law. He has represented a broad variety of clients including internationally known illustrators, prominent photographers, film production companies, musicians, and technology firms.
Prior to practicing law, Ian was a successful session musician and composer. He performed on a multitude of high profile projects including Emmy award-winning soundtracks, internationally broadcast live performances seen by tens of millions, and film and television productions under the direction of industry juggernauts such as Steven Spielberg and Jerry Bruckheimer. Furthermore, his performance credits stretch outside of the traditional mediums of film and television to include award-winning video game titles and new media projects for renowned technology luminaries such as Apple.
Ian’s years of experience in the entertainment business extend well beyond the studio and stage. In early 2007 he founded LA Studio Tracks, LLC, a boutique music library company representing over fifty composers from seven different countries in an array of music licensing deals in major network, cable, and new media productions.
Ian’s continued passion for the arts is evidenced by his involvement with ISM: A Community Project as a founding member of the Board of Directors. ISM is a non-profit organization dedicated to the artistic enrichment of our community through publishing an internationally distributed magazine, hosting creative installations and lectures, and through its interactive web presence. During his tenure with ISM, Ian has advised the organization in both fine art and digital media licensing and publishing matters.
Ian further supports the creative community by maintaining a blog dedicated to fostering the success of artists by sharing critical legal and business advice for free entitled “The Artists’ Advocate” at www.ianhgibson.com.
Illustrative Litigation Experience
- Represented an internationally known artist and illustrator in various copyright and trademark infringement suits.
- Fought to enforce musicians’ rights in the collection of royalties wrongfully withheld by publishing companies and record labels.
- Represented major Hollywood photography agencies in numerous disputes against popular gossip websites.
- Represented a prominent politician in a dispute against Don Henley of the Eagles.
- Represented a technology company in the protection of its intellectual property against a Fortune 500 video game conglomerate.
- Chapman University School of Law, J. D.
- University of Southern California, B.M.
Admitted to Bar: California.
Admitted to Practice: All California state courts, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.