- About Us
- One LLP News
- Practice Areas
- Work Product
Kainoa Asuega / Associate
Office: (949) 502-2870
Fax: (949) 258-5081
Kainoa is a registered patent attorney and former examiner for the United States Patent &Trademark Office (USPTO). Kainoa specializes in preparing, filing and prosecuting U.S. patent applications before the USPTO, and has successfully secured patents for his clients in technology areas ranging from eyewear to medical procedures. As a litigator, Kainoa has been extensively involved in a variety of patent infringement cases, including the successful defense of an accused infringer of a patent relating to panoramic dive masks. Kainoa also has experience at the appellate court level and has argued appeals in front of both the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and for the Ninth Circuit. During his tenure at the USPTO, Kainoa examined applications in the optical, electrical and mechanical arts, working with inventors to provide patent protection for cutting edge technology.
Illustrative Professional Experience:
- Helped secure a summary judgment of non-infringement in a patent infringement lawsuit involving panoramic dive masks technology.
- Represented a company regarding backless, strapless brassiere technology in a patent infringement lawsuit involving multiple patents, breach of contract, and idea submission.
- Represented a company on appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit regarding infringement of patented marching band instrument carrier technology.
- Successfully argued an appeal of an INS deportation order in the U.S. Court of Appeals fort he Ninth Circuit, ultimately leading to his client’s remaining in the U.S.
- Drafted contracts and other legal documents for the production of numerous feature films.
- Chapman University, J.D.
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.S. Physics
- California State Court
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office