- About Us
- One LLP News
- Practice Areas
- Work Product
One LLP is a thought leader in the intellectual property cases and its lawyers have secured numerous published opinions across many areas of law including the following noteworthy published copyright, patent and intellectual property opinions:
Copyright & Entertainment
- Mavrix Photo, Inc. v. Brand Technologies, Inc., 647 F.3d 1218 (9th Cir. 2011) (prevailed in copyright appeal involving personal jurisdiction issues over web 2.0 sites).
- Henley v. DeVore, 733 F. Supp. 2d 1144 (C.D. Cal. 2010) (copyright infringement lawsuit involving fair use defense on behalf of a U.S. Senate candidate in a copyright lawsuit by famed singer Don Henley in volving Don Henley’s songs “Boys of Summer” and “All She Wants To Do Is Dance”).
- McCormick v. Amir Construction, 279 Fed. Appx. 470 (9th Cir. 2008) (copyright case involving architectural designs; prevailed and subsequently awarded fees).
- X17 v. Lavandeira, 562 F. Supp. 2d 1102 (C.D. Cal. 2007) (high profile copyright infringement lawsuit involving celebrity blogger Perez Hilton and famed photographs of Britney Spears).
Patent & Trademark
- Accuride Intern., Inc. v. SSW Holding Co., Inc., 417 Fed. Appx. 978 (Fed. Cir. 2011) (patent infringement defense where we prevailed with double invalidity and non-infringement holdings).
- Randall May International, Inc. v. DEG Music Products, Inc., 378 Fed. Appx. 989 (Fed. Cir. 2010) (patent infringement lawsuit involving musical instrument carrier devices).
- TYR Sport, Inc v. Warnaco Swimwear, Inc., 709 F. Supp. 2d 802 (C.D. Cal. 2010) (trademark Lanham Act involving olympic swimwear dispute).
- Falcon Stainless, Inc. v. Rino Companies, Inc., 360 Fed. Appx. 825 (9th Cir. 2009) (prevailed in trademark preliminary injunction battle).
- Morrow v. Microsoft Corp., 499 F.3d 1332 (Fed. Cir. 2007) (patent infringement lawsuit defended by partner Nate Dilger).
- Central Admixture Pharmacy Services v. Advanced Cardiac Solutions, 482 F.3d 1347 (Fed. Cir. 2007) (patent infringement lawsuit involving blood cardioplegia products).
- Meade Instruments Corp. v. Celestron International, Inc., 104 Fed. Appx. 742 (Fed. Cir. 2004) (patent infringement lawsuit involving telescope technology).
- Tehrani v. Hamilton Medical, Inc., 331 F.3d 1355 (Fed. Cir. 2003) (patent infringement lawsuit involving mechanical ventilator respiration technology).
Business & Other Disputes
- Gutierrez v. USA, 323 Fed. Appx. 493 (9th Cir. 2009) (defended largest Federal Tort Claims Act verdict in history).
- Achieve Software v. Garg Data, Inc., 225 Fed. Appx. 454 (9th Cir. 2007) (contract dispute and arbitration dispute).
- Standard Ins. Co. v. Saklad, 78 Fed. Appx. 579 (9th Cir. 2003) (attorney fee ruling).
- Crow Irvine #2 v. Winthrop California Investors Limited Partnership, 128 Cal. Rptr. 2d 644 (Cal. Ct. Appeal 2002) (prevailed in business dissolution and termination dispute).